Saturday 19 March 2011

The "I-ro-ha" Poem

An Australian guy on a scholarship in Europe with me many years ago read a famous Japanese poem to our class.  I liked it so much I have kept it for over 20 years.  My family were lucky to meet him for a day in Paris during the last Rugby World Cup. He shouted us brunch at the famous and delectable French tea salon laduree.  Laduree's macarons and pastries are an absolute treat - look at the website and I guarantee your mouth will water!

Below is a link to a Laduree style macaron recipe so you can create the delicacies yourself. 

http://www.grouprecipes.com/63201/laduree-style-macaroons.html

This is my friend's I-ro-ha poem:

"Though colours are fragrant
They scatter and fade
In our world who is it
Who does linger on?!
Cross today
The summit of the distant mountains
And view the dreams of tomorrow
Without end"

Please share your story with me if you make the macarons!

No comments:

Post a Comment